Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mediocre? You Twat.



Ok-i know its mainly Deathly Hallows im going to be writing about but
i couldnt resist this.
Im sure many of you have seen the first reviews of the Order of the Phoenix online the past few days. Well despite being annoyed at a few things-which i wont even bother mentioning as they are the same things that upset everyone else-one review on AICN caught me eye. So the writer who requests we call him Rosncranz if we talk about him. Ohh yea Im gonna talk about ya. So. This guy gets chosen and ends up at the screening. Git. Blah blah blah he thinks the movies ok, gives a B+ and seems ok about it bar a few things.

So before Rosncranz begins hes nice enough to inform us as to "where I stand on the potter franchise." Oooh super!

I am not a big Potter fan; I don’t like the way Rowling writes so I only read the second book in its entirety, and passed on the rest. I have however seen all of the films, which really only started getting really good with Cuaron’s “Azkaban,” which then was bested by Goblet of Fire in my opinion. The weakest of the series was without question Chamber of Secrets. So that’s where I stand in reference to the Potter franchise.

But what annoyed me was that this guy had a dig at Jo. He says.....

"I think the subject and mediocre writing of Rowling stops it from ever being an all around amazing series."


First of all Im pleased that as a non-fan he felt it was good enough for a B+ and he enjoyed it. But how dare he call Jo a mediocre writer. God that makes me angry. Mediocre-WHAT?! Of course he hasnt read all the books. he read CoS-thats it. So he failed to see the development and improvement-if that was possible in Jos writing over the series. I know many people who havent read the books will see the film-but to be so critical of the writing when they have only bothered to read one of six books. Idiot. Why do some people have all the luck and get chosen for these things!!!


Though I will say the general consensus is that Evannah Lynch is superb as Luna! YAY! Cant say im surprised. Jo said she was perfect. And she knows! Special mentions for Helena Bonham Carters 'eccentric' Bellatrix and Imelda Stauntons super performance as Umbridge! I really cant wait to see them all!!
Daniel has supposedly improved-I wonder if Emma has too? Hope the rumours of less screen time for Ron arent true though-i will be very very very very unhappy......


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool idea Ryan! Speaking the truth! I agree that review made the film sound pretty average and for fans disapointing. I too will be very unhappy if Ron and Hermione dont have a decent amount of screen time! Evannah sounds super!! Cant wait! ~*~*Sarah*~*~
xx

Harry Potter book 7, film 5 news, images, interviews, merchandise and more