Sunday, March 25, 2007

What a great day today was!

Well dont get your hopes up its nothing major! So I think I may have mentioned last week that I wrote another letter to Jo just to thank her for her previous, update her on a few personal things and ask a few questions! Please forgive me for asking what now seem like silly questions-but i had so many and i didn't want to overload poor Jo and i wanted to ask some that weren't to spoilerish that she may even answer! Well I saw "may even answer"...Jo did!
The smile on my face when I saw the postman this morning drop that letter into my hand! Im not posting the letter as I think I should respect the privacy of Jos comments to me in it-after all it was primarily a personal letter! But I will share with you three of the questions Jo did very nicely answer-i hope she doesn't mind if I do! Oh but even more special i thought was the fact Jo handwrote the letter-it feels so much more personal and is so beautiful! Getting it framed like the other one! Cherish them for life!

So question 1-like i said these arent best questions so please forgive me!

Is Regulus Black, Crookshanks?

Jos response: "No. Nice theory though"

Question 2:

Will D's portrait be a source of information for Harry?

No.

Question 3:

Will Horace Slughorn be of any more use in DH with his knowledge of Horcruxes?

No.


So. Three no's. Im good at my theories lol!!
But Jo did say:

"Sometimes 'nos' tell you quite as much as 'yeses' though!"

And that is very very true!!
Not that I would have expected a "Oh Yes Regulus is Crookshanks! Hes also R.A.B!" answer but a No ends that for me...I still think hes RAB though-and alive!


Have a comment on what you think of Jos answers and what they may mean!

Sorry for lack of blogs-as Ive expalined the big move is happening this week so Im mad busy!
Now im off to bed as Ive a "family meal" tomorrow to say goodbye to everyone!

Take care,
Ryan

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Your soooo lucky! How long did it take Jo to reply to you?! Im sooooo jealous! Shame you cant post the letter but at least we have some sort of DH news! Thanks Ryan for posting-good luck with the big move! xx

Ryan said...

Hi Susan, thanks for the comment-no problem at all! Jo did not take that long at all-im sure she is inundated with letters so to take the time to reply within 10 days is remarkable! Yes were all waiting patiently for the cover art!! cheers,
Ry

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are so lucky! Im surprised Slughorn wont be of use to Harry with the Horcruxes-I really thought he would be too!! I have though been left confused by Dumbledores portrait not being a source of information for Harry but I guess this does not mean anything much as Harry may still talk to it or it could be something totally different! I cant wait to find out! Looking forward to your next blog Ryan,
Dawn, UK, xx

Ryan said...

Hi Dawn thanks for the comment-yes I was a bit surprised by that too-but i do think Dumbledore is dead. Even though Jo said D's portrait wont be a source of info I dont think that means Harry wont talk to it...As for Slughorn I was very surprised! The Regulus question was a bit random but I read an essay on that theory and I really believed it when i read it-so i just had to ask! Thanks for visiting and keep checking back! Cheers, Ryan

Anonymous said...

Ryan, I still think Regulus is RAB, didn't she basically come out and say that in Mugglenet/Leaky Cauldron interview after HBP was published? Eh, I dunno, I was pretty much convinced that Regulus Black was Stubby Boardman so maybe you shouldn't listen to me... I loved that theory...

Anonymous said...

This is soooo weird, you know. Over here in Germany a big news paper came up with what I call a rumour that Harry won't die but lose his magic abilities. All of us working on the Golden Fortress were like "WTF". If this was true...OH MAN!!! Hope didn't tell you too much about the ending of the Golden Fortress, though. :) By the way, chapter 9 is finished. We're working in correction grammar and spell stuff. 8 is still being worked on. I started Chapter 13. As soon as Chapter 8 is done, we'll put up 8, 9 and 10. I know you've already read chapter 10. So you know where to find chapter 9. *winks* :)
Good luck with your big move. Hope all is going well. Take care.

Ryan said...

Cheers coombs! Off to read chapter 9! I hadnt had that rumour specifically about dying and losing magic abilites....sounds interesting! Hi Tara-thanks for posting! I agree im certain Regulus is RAB i just read a theory he was also crookshanks and had to ask! But now we no hes not! LOL I loved the theory that Sirius was Stubby-i was actually really upset Jo denied it!! Cheers for continued posting guys! Move going well-out of the house tomorrow!
Ry

Anonymous said...

Well, Loons wrote another story about the last week in the life of the Potters. So when Sirius is on the road he meets this woman who thinks he is Stubby and they spend the night together. When he leaves she tells him, that she knows he is not Stubby but thanks him for the night anyway. Don't remember her name but it was the one JKR mentioned in her books. Had to laugh so hard about this part of the story. Don't think we are going to translate this story but it's amazing too how Loons describes the characters in a way JKR would do it.

Harry Potter book 7, film 5 news, images, interviews, merchandise and more